Bedford Hills Free Library

The Bedford Hills Free Library was first opened by Mrs. Eliza Gourlie above a local hardware store and has been serving the people of Bedford Hills since 1915. The library receives partial funding from the Town of Bedford, and otherwise relies on the generosity of patrons and community members. It is staffed by six full and part-time librarians, most of whom live, or have lived, in Bedford Hills and two of whom have worked for the Bedford Hills Free Library for more than 30 years.

The smallest of Bedford’s three libraries, we consider the Bedford Hills library to be one of the jewels of our small hamlet, where our librarians know their patrons and their needs.